Friday, December 28, 2007

UGG; We'll send this company all our personal details


We're buying UGGS for our neighbours. We have them shipped to friends in Washington USA and they bring them over. Problem is Zappo IT doesn't accept Dutch credit cards, only manually. "Send us a fax with a copy of your passport, your home phone number and a copy of your credit card." .....So we looked up Zappo's on Google and came across the blog post below: (and 187 comments every single one positive).

http://www.zazlamarr.com/blog/?p=240
I Heart Zappos

I really do.

One bright, extraordinary note in all of the sad stuff of the last few weeks - in May we had ordered several pairs of shoes from Zappos for my mom. She’d lost a lot of weight, and her old shoes were all too big. She had a whole new wardrobe of clothes in pretty colors, that fit, so I wanted her to have some pretty shoes that fit, too, when I took her up to Oregon to stay where her sister is. Out of seven pairs, only two fit. Not bad considering she’d never been this thin, so I was winging it, and the return shipping is free.

The rest were here waiting to be returned. Because of various circumstances - lost label, my mom being hospitalized and me being away, the shoes were never sent back. There’s a time limit on the return of 15 days. Remember this. When you do a return to them, they pay the shipping, but you have to get the shoes to UPS yourself. Remember this, also.

When I came home this last time, I had an email from Zappos asking about the shoes, since they hadn’t received them. I was just back and not ready to deal with that, so I replied that my mom had died but that I’d send the shoes as soon as I could. They emailed back that they had arranged with UPS to pick up the shoes, so I wouldn’t have to take the time to do it myself. I was so touched. That’s going against corporate policy.

Yesterday, when I came home from town, a florist delivery man was just leaving. It was a beautiful arrangement in a basket with white lilies and roses and carnations. Big and lush and fragrant. I opened the card, and it was from Zappos. I burst into tears. I’m a sucker for kindness, and if that isn’t one of the nicest things I’ve ever had happen to me, I don’t know what is. So…

IF YOU BUY SHOES ONLINE, GET THEM FROM ZAPPOS.

With hearts like theirs, you know they’re good to do business with.

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 7th, 2007 at 1:36 pm and is filed under Nice People. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Zappos sells almost $ 600 million a year online. Their "Secrets" here.

verKoopwinkel Amsterdam: Kijken op Internet, verKopen in de winkel